« Home | Lance Armstrong to Stand Trial » | 500-Pound Man Accused Of Fast-Food Scam » | Robot can Pickup Chicks » | Media Bias » | Peace on Earth? » | Save Tookie Williams » 

Thursday, December 15, 2005 

Democrats and the Communist Manifesto

After hearing something about how the Left wing agenda is dangerously close to the teachings of Karl Marx and his Communist Manifesto, I decided to do some research. I was a bit surprised at some of the findings. Here are some of the points I found that Americans are fighting everyday.

1. Take away private property (Eminent Domain)
2. Heavy progressive income tax (Taking of the rich a higher % than a common person)
3. Take away rights of inheritance (Death Tax)
4. Central Bank (Federal Reserve System)
5. Government ownership of Communication and Transportation
6. Government control of Labor
7. Government control of education (School Vouchers would help correct this problem)

Regardless of your views on these issues, you must admit this is kind of scary. And these are the issues that the majority of Liberals and Democrats support. Democrats = The New Communist? You tell me.

UPDATE: To support what I said I bumped into an interesting poll. I know it is only 153 votes but it's interesting. At the Democratic underground 80% (7:20 PM ET 12/20/05) claim their democratic party is "fascist"

I'm not a Democrat, but you'd say I'm a liberal, so..

1. Eminent domain is fucked up. I can't argue with you on this one..but it's not exactly a liberal philosophy.
2. Communism doesn't have an income tax per se..it's more like you get what they give you.
3. The Death Tax doesn't affect anyone whose parents had less than $1.5M of property. As in, almost everyone.
4. See #1
5. Because liberals are clearly the only ones in favor of a federal reserve, right?
6. I was under the impression that it was the conservatives who were furthering empowering the FCC. Remember, Michael Powell, Colin Powell's son, ran the FCC.
7. Since when does the government control the labor unions?
8. The government doesn't control education as long as people can send their kids to private school.

Republicans are new fascists, right?

I spit hot fire.

1. We Agree
2. Heavy progressive income tax=Making people closer to having the same income. I believe that was a Communist goal, except they told you what you could have.
3. My grandparents will be affected by the death tax and they don't have $1.5 mill hanging around. Only way to get around it is to sell all your assets before you die.
4. Never said I agree just told you what the Manifesto said and how it is similar to the FRS.
5. How about the government giving billions to the airlines to keep above water. Some still fail. Not directly owening but still heavily involved. And there is a reason they have 11 divisions of the Department of Transportation.
6. I personally only believe that questionible content should be showed when kids should be in bed. For example Howard Stern's TV Show
7. The state government tells me what I have to learn. They control the majority of the education system.

When is it not going to be a time of terrorism?

When we don't have suspected terrorist that al qaeda terrorist sneaking across our borders into this country

There will always be some new terrorist threat. There are ways to fight terrorism without encroaching on people's privacy. I'm all for tighter security on airplanes and at the borders, but the patriot act is going way to far.

As for liberals being commies, I think Chase took care of that for the most part

6- it's parent's job to determine what is appropriate for their kid's, not the government's. Conservatives claim to be so "pro-family", but then go and strip families of the right to determine what their children can see.

7- That's because the state pays for your education.

Actually the state is paying less and less of my education. My tax dollars are paying most of it.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Brandon
  • From Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
My profile
Syndicate this site (XML)

My Newsvine

    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from UCBearcats1125. Make your own badge here.