« Home | Peace on Earth? » | Save Tookie Williams » 

Monday, December 12, 2005 

Media Bias

You might not know this but Iraqis voted today! I turned on the TV when I got home. I was only able to watch about 30 minutes of some cable news. I was flipping back between CNN, CNN Headline News, and MSNBC. I turned on FOX and saw about a 5 minute blurb on the issue. Nothing was said about this historic day in Iraq in what I would call the liberal media. Then I got home again from a function and I am listening to the Bengals show on WLW. Well they break in at the top and bottom of the hour with news. Again nothing was said. This is the first time I remember that Iraq has not been in the headlines on the majority of these media outlets. Usually it is the doom and gloom; another car bomb exploded and killed innocent Iraqis and our American soldiers. If you are going to “report” on a story, maybe you should give the whole story. Talk about the good that is coming out of Iraq. Here is what really is going on in Iraq that CNN won’t tell you.

    the first battalion of the new Iraqi Army has graduated and is on active duty.
    over 60,000 Iraqis now provide security to their fellow citizens.
    nearly all of Iraq's 400 courts are functioning.
    all 22 universities and 43 technical institutes and colleges are open, as are nearly all primary and secondary schools.
    Coalition forces had rehab-ed over 1,500 schools - 500 more than scheduled.
    teachers earn from 12 to 25 times their former salaries.
    doctors salaries are at least eight times what they were under Saddam.
    Iraq has a single, unified currency for the first time in 15 years.
    satellite TV dishes are legal.
    there are more than 170 newspapers.
    foreign journalists (and everyone else) are free to come and go.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/meast/12/14/iraq.elections/index.html

that's the link to the HEADLINE article on CNN.com right now. I expect them to cover the election but that doesn't meet they should start wall-to-wall coverage two days beforehand.

The election actually started Monday with absentee balloting

No one even covers the beginning of absentee balloting in America.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Brandon
  • From Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
My profile
Syndicate this site (XML)

My Newsvine

    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from UCBearcats1125. Make your own badge here.