« Home | 500-Pound Man Accused Of Fast-Food Scam » | Robot can Pickup Chicks » | Media Bias » | Peace on Earth? » | Save Tookie Williams » 

Thursday, December 15, 2005 

Lance Armstrong to Stand Trial

So the 7th time Tour de France Champions has been accused defaming Filippo Simeoni, an Italian cyclist from Italy. Apparently during Armstrong’s last Tour de France, he perused the Italian cyclist during a stage in the tour and repeatedly accused him of using performance-enhancing drugs. Simeoni denied the accusations all while still on his bike. Armstrong seemed to know his stuff, he called Simeoni a liar. “Ferrari was given a 12-month suspended jail sentence in October 2004 for sports fraud and malpractice. He has always denied he dispensed illegal substances to athletes and is appealing the sentence.”

So how is this any worse than trash talking? I have heard worse on a basketball court. Last night if I remember right. Turns out Armstrong was right all along. And a few members of the basketball team I played last night were wrong. They were wrong but I did not take offense to it. I never knew Armstrong said this until Simeoni decides to take Armstrong to court. Armstrong has been accused of taking steroids every year he has won the Tour by pretty much all of France. But he didn’t try suing anyone.

How does bringing this charge help his career? If he would have kept quiet about this I would never have known. But now I do know, I know he did something illegal and I know Lance was right.

About me

  • I'm Brandon
  • From Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
My profile
Syndicate this site (XML)

My Newsvine

    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from UCBearcats1125. Make your own badge here.